Facts on Hair Loss & Alopecia: Provillus

 

   
FREE 2 Month Provillus Supply for Men - Click Here!FREE 2 Month Provillus Supply for Women- Click Here!
 
 
Provillus  
   

Facts on Hair Loss & Alopecia

A person’s hair growth normally lasts for 2 to 6 years, with each hair growing an average of ½ inch per month. It is estimated that about 90 percent of the person’s hair on the scalp is growing while the remaining 10 percent is resting. The resting hair starts to fall out after two to three months, and in the normal process, new hair will take the place of those that have fallen out. Alopecia or hair loss occurs when new hair fails to replace those that have fallen out.

For more interesting facts read our article amazing hair facts.


There are several reasons why hair falls out excessively. They include:

  1. effect of an illness or surgery which is often stress-related and is temporary.

  2. Overactive or underactive thyroid gland. This type of hair loss can be remedied by treating the thyroid disease

  3. Imbalance in male hormone, androgen or female hormone, estrogen

  4. The use of some medicines such as anticoagulants or blood thinners, anticancer and antidepressants

  5. Fungal infections of the scalp. The use of antifungal medicines to treat this infection is suggested.

  6. Diseases such as diabetes and lupus

Why hair falls out on some children? This may be caused by the use of harsh chemicals on their hair to bleach, straighten, dye or perm. Using high heat to dry children’s hair may also be one of the reasons why hair falls out on some of them. Understanding the causes of why hair falls out is the start to prevention and treatment of hair loss.


Hair Fallout Types:

  1. Alopecia areata which results to patchy loss of hair on the scalp believed to be caused by the immune system of the body attacking the follicles
  2. Traction alopecia is the result of constant hair pulling
  3. Telogen affluvium involves the falling of hair during the resting phase. This means more hair falls than in the normal cycle
  4. Androgenetic alopecia or what is popularly known as male pattern baldness

Treatments for Hair Loss & Alopecia

Understanding why hair falls out can give people options to choose the kind of treatments that suit them. Some prefer to treat hair loss with products or medicine such as provillus or minoxidil which is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Some may choose surgery such as hair transplantation and scalp reduction or the natural way like Saw Palmetto extracts. Those who are comfortable with their condition opt for wearing hairpieces and change of hair style to cover hair loss.






 
SPECIAL OFFER - 2 FREE BOTTLES!
 
Try Provillus TODAY!